Certified International Purchasing Consultant – CIPC
Contact Admission Office
The Certified International Purchasing Consultant (CIPC) program will help purchasing and supply management professionals to either consult or teach purchasing to people outside of their own employer.
The Certified International Purchasing Consultant (CIPC) is designed for US and international business practitioners by the International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI), It is particularly appropriate for those individuals who wish to increase their purchasing consulting skills. A Certified International Purchasing Consultant (CIPC) certification demonstrates that you are knowledgeable about the practice of purchasing consulting skills in the International commercial environment.
Program Goals and Objectives
Completion of the CIPC program will enable the certified individual to:
· Explain how to uses supplier financial accounting information;
· Measure supplier performance using rating systems and/or predetermined standards;
· Explain how to plan, organize, and conduct a negotiation conference;
· Explain how to develop global procurement plans stemming from organizational goals;
· Employ the several methods of forecasting used in the purchasing process;
· Resolve quality problems with suppliers and user departments;
· Explain the impact of motivation on productivity and job satisfaction;
· Learn the general knowledge of management processes and functions.
Who Should Attend?
· Professionals in purchasing, materials, and supply chain management.
· Business and Contract Managers
· Import-export dealers
· International marketing and sales personnel
· Anyone who wishes to be a CIPC or wants to be trained in International Purchasing Consulting
This Certification Program is a core certification program of The International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI). This program offers the designation of CIPC (The Certified International Purchasing Consultant) to candidates who demonstrate their understanding of the fundamentals of the profession through the successful completion of rigorous professional certification examinations based upon the INTERNATIONAL PURCHASING CONSULTANT BODY OF KNOWLEDGE (IPCBOK).
Completion of the certification program requires completion of a multiple choice examination. The examination is prepared by a Board of Examiners consisting of a range of Certified, Sustaining, and Educator Members within the International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI).
The examination locations are determined by the individual candidates and their proctors. A proctor may be an individual who is currently an active Certified Member, or a manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, or anyone of such standing. Each proctor is determined on a case-by-case basis. IPSCMI wishes to make it possible for every qualified candidate to complete the certification program in a convenient and timely manner.
Successful candidates are granted the designation of CIPC. This certification may be used just as similar recognitions which are employed in accounting, insurance, medicine, law, and other professions. Either the full expression or the initials may be used after the individual’s name on business cards, stationery, etc.
The Board of Examiners realizes that many applicants are employed on a full-time basis and, as such, are limited in the amount of time available to prepare for the examinations. Without some guiding time requirement, however, candidates tend to lose the concept of the examination program and the material covered. Therefore, the Board of Examiners has established a five year maximum time limit for acceptance of completed requirements. The time limitation may not be waived without the approval of the Board of Examiners.
Participants Will Learn
· Accounting and Economics
· Business Mathematics
· Business Law and Negotiations
· Purchasing Management
· Current and future trends in management consulting
· General Knowledge of Management Processes and Functions
· Underlying understanding of PESTLE
· Depth in Specialist Technical/Professional Skills
I. Accounting and Economics
a) supplier financial accounting information
b) analysis market types
c) evaluating markets and potential suppliers
d) price elasticity of demand
II. Business Mathematics
III. Business Law and Negotiations
a) when and where UCC applies and when it does not
b) the basic elements of the anti-trust laws
c) reciprocity and the legal implications of reciprocity
d) the different types of warranties
e) the principles of negotiation
f) basic elements for negotiation process
g) strategies and tactics for negotiations
IV. Purchasing Management
a) the principles of purchasing
b) the advantages and disadvantages for different sourcing
c) methods of procurement
d) E-Procurement tools
e) global trade barriers
f) inclusion in the international contract for purchase
V. Current and future trends in management consulting
a) the consulting process
b) proposal development
c) contracting/ implementation
d) interacting with clients
VI. General Knowledge of Management Processes and Functions
a) management Processes
b) planning and organizing
c) leading, controlling and directing
d) organizational Analysis and Behavior
e) project/Process Management
f) Change Management and strategy
VII. Underlying understanding of PESTLE
VIII. Depth in Specialist Technical/Professional Skills
Requirements for certification
· A degree OR more than three years of experience in business.
· Satisfactory completion of a 3 hour examination covering “the INTERNATIONAL PURCHASING CONSULTANT BODY OF KNOWLEDGE (IPCBOK)”.
· Completion of an application for certification and payment of all fees.